A few fun events:
Kiz discovered an American dinner in Prahan - Misty's Diner. Two weeks ago Kelly, Kiz, Justin, Claire, Trevor, and I all went to Misty's for some American (aka fried) food. The Aussies got to experience fried mushrooms, buffalo wings, fried pickles, mozzrella sticks, and corn dogs. And best of all - Coors Light! I'm glad that Claire and Kiz liked it, even though most Aussies say that it "tastes like piss" (their words not mine!)
Kelly, Matt, Amy, and I went to the Australian Open at Melbourne Park. We saw the men's and women's 3rd round singles. I can't say I was really into tennis in the past but it was a fun atmosphere and made watching the rest of the Open on TV a lot more fun.
|Amy, me, and Federer - BFFs|
- I have 3 Diet Mountain Dew's left. I have spent lots of time on google trying to find more and Kelly even emailed USA Foods - no luck :(
- I am still loving having furniture and a bed! I don't think I can ever sleep on an air mattress again.
- We purchased a washing machine and it is being delivered tomorrow. Apart from putting together our TV stand, our apartment is pretty much complete!
- I am really loving beers at lunch :)
- Thanks to Graham Reekie for showing me http://www.allthedeals.com.au/. I am officially obsessed and wil probably be broke from all of the "bargains" I think I am getting. I have made 5 purchases and have yet to use any of them.
- A new season of shows has finally started!
- The debate over what AFL team to cheer for is still going. I had decided on St. Kilda because that is where I live but have been told on many occasions not to cheer for them. Many people have said to cheer for a team with the same colors or name as my favorite team at home. So I can go for Richmond (black and gold) or Hawthorne (the hawks). Any thoughts on this one would be greatly appreciated!